Ir al contenido principal

Hello everyone!

Today I’ll talk you about a postgraduate course that I’m considering.

Since I was a first year student, I began to show interest in the scientific research, so I started working in the “Laboratorio de Biologìa de Plantas” as a co-investigator of leaf anatomy. There I learnt to search and create research about my interest area. Botany became a subject that I really enjoy, 
identify plants, dismember flowers and see nature interactions are things that I love to do day by day.

Last year I went to a course about floral morphology, I learnt about how this organ of the plant grows and interacts with other organisms, I met people who also love plants and what they do to work on that. Most of them are PhD in ecology or botany, so to work in research of plants I have to become a PhD.

So I investigated and found that in Europe you don’t have to be a master to study in a PhD, because in Latin America an undergraduate career lasts more or less five years and in Europe you only study three years, then, to they ask for a master. You only have to had papers and contacts.

I want to do a PhD in ecology or anatomy of plants that is what I really like. Where? I don’t know, maybe Italy or Portugal, there have good ecologists and botanists or maybe Scotland, the university of Edinburgh have a botanical garden and professors of floral morphology.  

For now I’ll keep studying and researching to one day be a PhD and a professor of botany.

Well, like the pig of tv “that’s all folks”.



Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Hello Everyone! As you know I study forestry engineering, in this career we have to do a lot training fields, so we traveled to many places from Chile. One of my favorites training fields was “Practica I” In Frutillar , Region de Los Lagos, Chile. We stay in “Estacion experimental Frutillar”, in cabins, from there we travel every day to many places, like Osorno volcano, “Los pavilos”, “Alerce andino” National Park, and others. Is one of my favorites because there I saw for the first time a large number of native plants and animals from south of Chile, with knowledge, like Fitzroya cupressoides (Alerce), Lepidothamnus fonkii (Dwarf cypress) and Rhinoderma darwinii (Darwin’s Frog).  Although we have to do a lot of homework, also we have time for us, to play board games, talk between each other or drink some beers (the last one is a secret). Also I share with a lot of people nice experiences Now I’m assistant for that practice field, so I go every summer to teach students
Hey everyone! Today I’ll tell you about a country that I’d like to go to. The country that I want to visit is Italy. Why? Because I love its history, since I was a child I like to read roman mythology and when I grew up I began to read historic novels, like “Empire of dragons” by Valerio Massimo Manfredi or “Africanus trilogy” by Santiago Posteguillo. Also I like Italian food; pizza and lasagna are ones of my favorite’s meals. The architecture of this country is amazing, I played a videogame (Assassin’s creed II) that’s set in Italy and use realistic buildings of the past, so I could see the cathedrals and buildings. The weather and landscapes are nice, it looks like Chile, because both have Mediterranean climate. Firstly I want to visit Rome, see the old roman forum, the coliseum, and eat a gelato. Secondly go to Allianz Stadium in Torino and watch a game of Juventus. Then I don’t know, maybe hitchhike to somewhere else, like Firenze, Venice or Sicilia. I would l
Hey Everyone! Today I'll tell you about a teacher who inspired me, I’ll talk you about Jesus Gutierrez. I was in first year of high school, and I’d to chose religion class or football class, I never was good playing football, so I chose religion, although I never was a religion person, but it was the only way. Professor Jesus, is an old Spanish man, with a long and white beard, glasses and always with suit and tie. A nice person, charitable and worried about his students. Also is an avid reader, every week he appears with a new book and when you ask about one, he knows everything about it, like the old wises from tales. As well he loves his wife Maria Teresa, all the time he mentioned her in class. He said “I do not teach religion, I teach how to be a nice student, son and person”, he teach ethics and philosophy, so he shows us movies that have a good teaching and recommended books, also talk with us about what happen in world. A student gave him a beautiful cr